Written by Waihi College:
Waihi College is a co-educational school, 10 minutes drive from stunning Waihi Beach and 45 minutes from the vibrant city of Tauranga. With this unique environment, we can offer a broad curriculum (both in and out of the classroom) including outdoor education, kayaking, mountain biking, surfing, scuba diving, beekeeping, agriculture and horticulture. We encourage academic excellence with teachers at the top of their field and pride ourselves on developing confident, lifelong learners, who are well prepared for their future. With a roll of 700 students, we are big enough to offer great choices and small enough to be incredibly friendly.
Waihi College values the safety, wellbeing and happiness of our international students very highly. With a fulltime Director and Homestay Manager on-site daily, we have the ability to provide excellent pastoral care and support. In addition, we organise a fantastic End of Year Programme and a wide variety of trips throughout the year, enabling our students to experience all the very best New Zealand has to offer.
• ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: FILM MAKING / DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY / RECORDING SUITES
• OUTSTANDING OUTDOOR EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES: SURF SCHOOL / MOUNTAIN BIKING / KAYAKING / SCUBA DIVING / SWIM SCHOOL
• FARM / ORCHARD / APIARY ONSITE - OWNED AND OPERATED BY WAIHI COLLEGE
• PERFORMING ARTS TROUPE
• SUPER TUESDAY – Developing Career Based Skills
• EXCEPTIONAL PASTORAL CARE IN A RURAL/SEASIDE COMMUNITY